Saturday, August 9, 2008

In the Beginning...

Hello, and welcome to my Blog! After much debating, I have decided to become a "Blogger". I'll have to admit, this has not been an easy transition. After years of depending upon email to send pictures and updates on the family, I am now facing the fact that there is a better way! I have to acknowledge that I would have never even thought about doing this if it weren't for the guidance and inspiration of my sister-in-law, Julie Crafton. Thanks Julie! :-)

I'm not much of a computer person. I usually stick to just email and surfing the Web. This is my first attempt at publishing something on the World Wide Web, and it is a little bit intimidating. So, there are a few things that I would like to share with everyone. The first thing is that, I write the same way that I speak, so my grammar may not be perfect. I like to have expression when I write, and it may not follow the standard rules of written English. However, I will do my best to write my Blogs in a way that can be understood by everyone. Also, I can't promise to post every day of the week. Things can get pretty crazy around here. You will see what I mean when I post about one of my crazy days. I'm sure there's one just around the corner!

Some of you may wonder why I decided to entitle my Blog "All My Children". Well, I ran into some of my church friends the other day, and they asked me how my four children were doing. I started to correct them by saying that I have only three children so far, but they just started laughing! They said that they consider my husband to be my fourth "child"! Yes, he can be quite child-like sometimes! So, since these Blogs will be about my children and my fourth child, the title seems to fit well! ;-)

I have so much to share! I have archives of pictures and stories that I would love to write, but it would take too much time to go too far back. So, I'm going to start with some pretty current events, photographs and video clips. I am really excited about being able to include video in my Blogs! Our camera takes good video with sound, but we haven't really been able to share with anyone, since the average clip is over 50 megabytes! That is a little too much for email to handle.

Let's start out with a bang! I have the cutest short video clip of our baby Samuel (now 7 months old) eating his first bowl of whole-grain oatmeal and bananas MIXED together! As you can tell from his facial expressions, he seems to think that this isn't the greatest taste in the world. But, he is such a trooper! He keeps on eating, and finishes the whole bowl. I can tell you, there hasn't been a food yet that he has totally rejected.

video

2 comments:

Julie said...

Congrats! Welcome to the blog world. We look forward to reading your updates.

MamaBlogger said...

what a CUTIE! i hope we get to meet him and see you guys again soon. welcome to blog land! (this is mel, from mel and bri land :-)