Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Chocolate Avocado Muffins

I have been trying to incorporate more veggies and fruits into my children's diets, and my favorite cookbook has come in handy once again! Since Daniel is now eating baby cereal and other foods, I used my handy-dandy food processor to puree some avocados. I mixed some in with Daniel's cereal, and used the rest (about a cup of puree) in a recipe for chocolate muffins! I also used whole-grain flour, and other healthful ingredients to make the treats more nutritious. They tasted fabulous, and the kids ate them up! I even told them my little secret about the avocado, and they didn't care...they kept eating! Now, I plan on using more recipes with pureed beets, broccoli, squash, carrots, cauliflower, peas, peppers, spinach, sweet potatoes, etc.!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Michelle, your website change looks real nice and the muffins sound delicious!!
MOM

Braces for Sam & Dan

Sam & Dan had their first consultation for braces today. 💲💲 They have mixed feeling about it, but we know it will be good for them in ...