Monday, October 11, 2010

Columbus Day Craft


Today is Columbus Day, so we read "COLUMBUS" by Ingri & Edgar Parin D'Aulaire. It was a wonderful story! I love these books so much, and I really appreciate the fact that the lessons include a time of "narration" from my children so that I can know for certain that they understand what we are learning. The books help to stimulate deeper thinking, and we can reflect on each character's strengths and weaknesses. Of course, we end the lesson by tying all that we have learned to what God did through that person to shape the beginnings of our great nation! I am eagerly anticipating the next set of books to guide us through America's Providential History!

No comments:

Braces for Sam & Dan

Sam & Dan had their first consultation for braces today. 💲💲 They have mixed feeling about it, but we know it will be good for them in ...