Monday, April 16, 2012

Crafton Crochet

Last summer, Grandma Becky came to Minnesota for a visit, and taught Christy how to crochet! She also offered to teach me, but I wasn't ready to learn something new at the time. I had my hands full just trying to keep up with the twins! However, now that life has settled down a bit, I have finally given in to Christy's pleas to teach me crochet! She is an excellent teacher, and after only a few days of 30-minute classes, I can chain stitch, single crochet, and double crochet! It is fun to spend time with my oldest daughter doing something that we both enjoy, even though she works on more complex projects while I practice the basics (the last picture below is my practice start). We are both looking forward to the next time Grandma Becky comes out for a visit so that she can see how we are doing, and give us lessons on more advanced techniques!



1 comment:

Gramma Becky said...

Your projects are AWESOME! Can't wait to get back there and give you more lessons.

Homecooked Breakfast

Sourdough Pancakes!